Making a social housing claim

Common reasons to make a social housing claim

A social housing claim is a request for help or payment in connection with social housing, which is defined as rental housing that is owned and managed by nonprofit or governmental bodies and provided to those who cannot afford to buy or rent a home on the free market
There are many reasons why someone might make a social housing claim. Some common reasons might include:

Requesting repairs or maintenance to address disrepair or other issues with the rental property
Seeking compensation for losses incurred as a result of disrepair or other issues with the rental property
Applying for social housing assistance, such as a subsidy or voucher to help with rent payments
Seeking assistance with housing-related issues, such as homelessness or eviction

The procedure for filing a social housing claim will be determined by the particular facts and by the rules and laws in your area. In general, you’ll need to back up your claim with evidence, and you might also need to follow some steps or satisfy some qualifying restrictions.

You might want to ask for help from a housing advocacy group or a government organisation in charge of monitoring social housing if you are unsure how to submit a social housing claim or are experiencing trouble receiving a response to or resolution to your claim.

What you can do if the above options do not work for you, is contact us and our specialist advisors will be able to talk you through your options and to see if a housing disrepair claim is the correct option for you. You can contact us directly here We are open 7 days a week from 9am all the way through to 10pm. You can also contact via our live chat function, Whatsapp or just pick up the phone. Thank you